Here's how to make HistoryMaker17 #morethanaconference
How can I get my teens + their friends to #hm17?
- Use the promo materials from onsite – including promo videos, social media graphics, and testimonials
- Tell stories (often) – use interviews, have teens share their stories from Historymaker at #HM15 and #HM16.
- Communicate #hm17 at all events; including Sunday mornings, website, verbal, events, one-on-ones at McD’s
- Mark it on your calendar
- Get parents to buy in
- Connect people to #HM17 social media platforms on FB, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
- Make it cheap
How do I Make #hm17 cheap where EVERYONE + ANYONE can go?
- Build a budget (see template above)
- Ask the church to sponsor (x) amount of teens for their registration. Asking grandpas and grandmas are great.
- Ask individuals or key leaders to donate for your teens to come to #hm17
- Have a couple of fundraisers WHERE parents help build (not you). Check out the details here.
- Book accommodations OTHER than a hotel that would include a church gym, campsite, retreat center, or college (see here accommodation partners)
- Use the #hm17 shuttle program (Van Island only). For more details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Budget an offering for MISSION at #hm17
How can I communicate to my teens what is happening at #HM17?
- Updates + all info for #HM17 will be on our app. You can find it at www.nextgenbc.ca.
- Read through the #hm16 booklet for all the details, happenings, services, prayer stations, and response times throughout the weekend,
How can we make #HM17 #morethanaconference?
- Be prepared to give towards the MISSION of #HM17. Details available here.
- Make new friends all throughout BC + the Yukon.
What is in it for youth pastors + key leaders?
- YOUTH PASTOR/LEADER
Join a network of leaders and pastors from 1:30pm at Chilliwack Secondary School.
Please sign up to our email updates for all the details.